Two Employee Plan
The addition of an employee (it could even be your spouse) to your business gives you an opportunity to move from the “individual” insurance platform to a “group” insurance platform. This change provides much more flexibility in plan design, allowing you to custom design a program that meets your needs and budget.
The group platform also provides access to the outstanding electronic web based administration and claims functions offered by the major insurance companies.
Coverage for two employee plans can include:
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Healthcare benefits
- Visioncare benefits
- Basic Dentalcare Benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Group Retirement Programs
- Health Care Spending Account
And note that, as an employee of the business, your spouse can “waive” the health and dental coverage, providing you with all of the benefits of being on the group platform while, in essence, being a “one-person” group.